How long have you been sitting looking at your computer screen, totally lacking any inspiration?
Constantly thinking of new content to post onto your social media platforms can be daunting if you are not great at planning ahead. You want to keep your followers engaged whether on your Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn or in fact any social media.
Don’t worry help is at hand. Here are six ideas to get you kick started.
- Images – people love visual content. This is a great way to showcase your products or services. Photographs will increase visibility and help potential customers get more familiar with what you offer. Think – is there a picture you can take today and post?
Not everything has to be specifically related to your company’s product or services. Do a google search for something inspirational that would be relevant to your audience. There are some great free photo editing websites that allow you to overlay text on an image – perhaps add a quote or thought for the day. I really like PicMonkey and Canva
- Guest posts – how about a collaboration? You can swap posting with people for a day so that you have the opportunity to get in front of a different audience. Think about some people you could approach who would complement your business.
- Questions – do you ever ask a question or ask for feedback? It is a great way to get audience engagement and increase your reach. Recently I saw a friend posting about the launch of their new website and asking for feedback. She was inundated with comments, likes and the post was shared several times. Is there something you could ask?
- Links to your blog – if you invest time in writing a blog then you want to get the maximum mileage out of your content. Look back and see which blogs are still relevant and share again. Have you posted them onto LinkedIn as an article? This has the benefit of then appearing on your profile.
- Events – are you hosting an event? Have you set up an event page on Facebook? This automatically generates a post and you can share the link on other platforms. If you are attending an event give it some visibility by sharing the event information, using the event hash tag etc.
- Don’t forget to regularly check out your incoming social media updates. Retweeting on twitter is a quick way of posting. Can you add a comment or reply? Sharing a post on Facebook is easy and shows you appreciate what people are posting. You are more likely to then have your posts shared too! Take a look at your page feed with posts from pages you have liked. Is there something you could share right now? Remember it is nice to like content too and add a comment!
Hopefully this had given you some fresh ideas for posting on social media. Obviously it is not an exhausted list. Check out my previous blog https://littleacornmarketing.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/help-i-dont-know-what-social-media-content-to-post/ for some more ideas. Do you have any other suggestions for things that have worked really well for you?
To discuss how to generate a social media content calendar please get in touch on 07988 676219 or email@example.com